Low Carb Brandi

A place to talk about my success and challenges along with anything else that pops in my head.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

One more time

I'm giving this another shot. I'm now at 165 (I think.. scale is hard to read. Note to self.. buy a new, digital scale). I'm tired of gaining and I want to be happy with myself this summer. My goal is 130 or size 8. I will figure it out once I get closer to it. It's hard to believe that I've gained 20 pounds since I first did Atkins in July 2003! Christmas is over so that helps a lot! Now that I'm in school, I want to look good. I already feel old around all the 20-something girls. Once I get out of school, I want to look HOT in my scrubs!

I enjoy working out so why do I make excuses not to do it? Stupid.. I want to set a good example for the girls too.. exercise and eat healthy. If I can get them to do it while they're young, they'll grow up with that mindset.

I was proud of myself for going to the gym today. I pushed the excuses out of my head and did it. Yay! 30 minutes on the treadmill. I want to go gungho, but I know that's not the right way to do it. I will try to get exercise in at least 5 days a week, but not overdo it daily. After going to the gym, I came home and ate a salad for dinner. Working out makes me WANT to eat healthier. It's a win-win situation. I did have a few tortilla chips and spinach artichoke dip with hubby, but I will start fresh tomorrow.

To do:
Take my measurements in the morning
Print Brook's quotes
All the off topic things on my To Do list that never ends *Ugh*

One day at a time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home